OpinionUP holds regular debates on current events and trending topics of interest every Tuesday at 8PM EST. Debate winners are selected by their fellow debate participants. Get to know one of the winners of the debate “Climate Change & You”: @blackburn2032!
1. What’s your favorite topic to debate?
Climate change. I feel so many people are misinformed on [the topic] and the results could be disastrous if ignored.
I strongly admire those who choose an unknown path and reach wild successes.
3. Who was your favorite president?
My favorite President would probably be Thomas Jefferson because I believe he created the America we have came to love.
4. What is your biggest life goal?
My biggest goal is to leave this planet better off than I found it for my child and future grandchildren.
5. What’s your favorite book?
My favorite book is “A More Perfect Union” by HUD Secretary Dr. Ben Carson. Mostly because his vision for America is spot-on in my eyes.
6. Where’s your home base?
7. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be (and why)?
I’d love to visit the Amazon to explore nature at its finest.
8. What is your ideal profession?
Teaching / Herpetology
9. What’s your favorite quote?
“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!” -JFK
10. What do you like to do in your free time?
Studying politics and working with my exotic reptiles (big snakes).
11. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?
I’m open to them all, but don’t believe in any. I do believe there’s more to 9/11 and JFK’s assassination.
12. Do you have a favorite sports team?
Only good sport is Professional Wrestling, WWE
13. If you had a million dollars to donate to charity, which charity would you pick?
I would pick 4ocean (*Editor’s Note: 4ocean is a US company focused on removing plastic waste from the ocean).
14. What series do you enjoy binge watching on Netflix?
House of Cards and Santa Clarita Diet
15. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
16. Describe yourself with one word.
17. What’s the biggest obstacle you’ve ever overcome?
(Currently) Finishing college while juggling a family
18. What is your proudest accomplishment?
The birth of my son
19. Would you rather have a billion dollars or be president?
President. I would choose the highest office of the land so I can combat climate change and help heal the bloody wounds of this nation.
20. What would you change about yourself if you could?
I would change my financial state. More money equals more opportunities.
21. Is there anything else you would like the OpinionUP community to know?
I’m a political junkie that plays with snakes that can kill me. So I’m a total idiot 😝
Follow @blackburn2032 to engage in great debates!