OpinionUP holds regular debates on current events and trending topics of interest every Tuesday at 8PM EST. Debate winners are selected by their fellow debate participants. The winner of this week’s debate “The Future of Terrorism” is @marsacom!
1. What’s your favorite topic to debate?
Gun Control or Black Lives Matter and Police Brutality. Those are the two topics I am educated on the most and have very strong opinions about.
2. What person do you most admire?
I admire Cpl. Kyle Carpenter. He was a Marine serving overseas when a village he was guarding went under fire and he threw himself onto a grenade to save his fellow Marines. Thanks to the grace of God we didn’t lose Kyle that day. Since then I have always admired the courage he had at such a young age of 19. I can only hope to have a small amount of the courage he had.
3. Who was your favorite president?
Ronald Reagan. Reagan not only did so many big things like lower unemployment rates (and increase the GDP as well as other economic highs) but he also did little things like prayers and moment of silence in schools. He was a relatable and down to earth president who supported the American Dream!
4. What is your biggest life goal?
To become a Marine Raider. I am going into the military in less than a year. I’m going into the Marines under infantry and after a few years of service and hopefully some deployments I want to attend Raider school. I want to become a Raider because they are the Special Operations Force (SOF) of the Marines and to be frank they’re BADASSES!
5. What’s your favorite book?
American Sniper by Chris Kyle. It gives direct insight to an American hero’s life and his struggles as a SEAL and the sacrifices he made.
6. Where’s your home base?
Confused on the question but if it’s asking where I’m from that would be Michigan, U.S.
7. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Australia. I want to visit the outback and go on a tour. The wildlife there is astounding and the vast desert seems so cool.
8. What is your ideal profession?
Police Officer. After the Marines, I plan to go into law enforcement.
9. What’s your favorite quote?
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” – Ronald Reagan
10. What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to play football as well as engage in debates and talk about politics.
11. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?
Not really. I believe that most are just excuses to deny reality.
12. Do you have a favorite sports team?
New England Patriots
13. If you had a million dollars to donate to charity, which charity would you pick?
Wounded Warrior Foundation
14. What series do you enjoy binge watching on Netflix?
15. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
16. Describe yourself with one word.
17. What’s the biggest obstacle you’ve ever overcome?
The death of my mother when I was 9.
18. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Maintaining a GPA of 3.8-4.0 for the past 3 years.
19. Would you rather have a billion dollars or be president?
President. Changing lives is more important to me than money.
20. What would you change about yourself if you could?
My will power. Sometimes my will power can be very low.
21. Is there anything else you would like the OpinionUP community to know?
I am always open to talking about anything and am always here for any of you in the community!
Follow @marsacom to engage in great debates!