OpinionUP holds regular debates on current events and trending topics of interest every Tuesday at 8PM EST. Debate winners are selected by their fellow debate participants. Get to know the winner of the debate “Religion vs. Science”: @renoa!
1. What’s your favorite topic to debate?
Religion because it’s very indebted into our society but also I like to debate morals and politics.
2. What person do you most admire?
My dad because he’s funny and has taught me a lot about music. I also admire my brother because he taught me life skills.
3. Who is your favorite president?
Abraham Lincoln for the Emancipation Proclamation.
4. What is your biggest life goal?
To go to space since it is a new frontier that is super important to the future of the human race.
5. What’s your favorite book?
A book I’m reading called “1984”. It really shows dark times in humanity and what could occur in the future.
6. Where’s your home base?
Secret German bunker in Antarctica. Super chill place.
7. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Africa because of the diverse cultures and landscape. Also, so I can brag to my classmates that I went in the middle of a civil war.
8. What is your ideal profession?
Astronaut or neurosurgeon, which make a lot of money. However, astronomy also intrigues me.
9. What’s your favorite quote?
“There can not be a free India without The power of Spongebob Squarepants” -Subhas Chandra Bose
10. What do you like to do in your free time?
Watch TV about history and also MrBeast (YouTube on my TV) and debate on this app.
11. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?
Some of them seem true but others seem weird but it’s fun to learn about them.
12. Do you have a favorite sports team?
Bangladesh cricket (I took a picture with Shakib Hassan).
13. If you had a million dollars to donate to charity, which charity would you pick?
One that focuses on impoverished and unstable countries and their people.
14. What series do you enjoy binge watching on Netflix?
When I was like 6 I binged watched all of Walking with Monsters/Beasts/Dinosaurs, which was a show about prehistoric life. Now I watch Riverdale and Grey’s Anatomy.
15. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Jalapeño poppers with cheese and meat in them.
16. Describe yourself with one word.
17. What’s the biggest obstacle you’ve ever overcome?
Being a kid
18. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Doing well in school
19. Would you rather have a billion dollars or be president?
Billion dollars. Being President has less freedoms and a lot of burden.
20. What would you change about yourself if you could?
Being way way smarter
21. Is there anything else you would like the OpinionUP community to know?
Glory to spongebob squarepants
Follow @renoa to engage in great debates!