OpinionUP Mobile Application
Last modified: June 1, 2017
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access or use the OpinionUP mobile application (the “App”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies only to information we collect in this App and in e-mail, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other OpinionUP apps or websites, including but not limited to, websites you may access through this App, the OpinionUP website and other websites;
- you provide to third parties; or
- is information collected by third parties.
Our websites and these third parties have their own privacy policies.
Children under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask you to provide information:
- That is personally identifiable to you, such as name, gender, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier (“Personal Information”). Further, we allow you to create and log in to your App account using your social media accounts like your Facebook, Google or Twitter accounts. If you choose this option, the information identified on the screen from your social media account will be shared with us.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you (“Aggregate Information”).
This Aggregate Information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or answering questionnaires in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, requesting further services, and responses to survey questions solicited for research purposes. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the App.
- Your physical location while using the App.
- Your personal contact information and address book information if you choose to use our share function.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted“) on public areas of the App (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including, but not limited to, the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, website usage details, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device if you give it access. Such information includes data from your user profile page (including name, about information, date of birth, zip code, etc.), and your contacts (including email addresses, phone numbers, etc.).
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device, such as Geo-location and GPS data unless you turn off the feature.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Pixel Tags. Our App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons and single-pixel gifs) that permit OpinionUP, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties include:
- advertisers, ad networks and ad servers;
- analytics companies;
- your mobile device manufacturer;
- your mobile service provider;
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- give you notices about your account, subscription or orders;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it; and
- conduct research and campaigns and match you with causes that you may be interested in.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests;
- improve our questionnaires;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you use the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you can opt out. You can unsubscribe from our email or text communications at any time by following applicable instructions on such communication or contacting us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Aggregated Information about our users without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- to contractors, service providers and other parties that we use to support our business for the purpose of providing our App and its affiliated services;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of OpinionUP’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by OpinionUP about our App users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you utilize our share function, we will gain access to your contact information, which will allow us to identify and send information to your designated contacts;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Mobile App End-User License Agreement, and for billing and collection; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OpinionUP, our customers or others.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to help you understand your choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms you have to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may be required to delete your account depending on the type of request to delete Personal Information. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. You may also delete your own account, which will cause all of your data to be deleted from the App.
If you delete your User Contributions from the App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other App users. Proper access and use of information provided on the App, including User Contributions, is governed by our Mobile App End-User License Agreement.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The information obtained by OpinionUP will be stored behind OpinionUP firewalls located on OpinionUP’s network, but not on user devices.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: email@example.com. You can also write to us at: 21400 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 210, Dulles, VA 20166.